Breguet Type XXII Flyback Men’s Watch
Breguet creates a chronograph with an exceptionally high frequency of 10 Hertz (the equivalent of 72,000 VPH) – allowing for the chronograph seconds hand counter to keep accurate count up to 1/20th of a second – one of the smallest time divisions to be measured by a serial mechanical caliber! At the heart of this technical exploit is the use of silicon, resulting in more lightweight mobile components and the avoidance of the lubrication problems generated by high frequencies. This watch features:
- Polished stainless steel case.
- Brushed finished stainless steel bezel with a polished finished edge.
- Matte two-tiered dial with raised center & recessed sub-dials.
- Painted white Arabic Numeral hour markers in with a red shadow.
- Raised inner bezel/flange with bold luminous painted hour markings and minute/second/fractions of a second markings printed in white & red.
- Polished steel hands with luminescent paint fill (Hours, Minutes, 24 Hour & GMT Hands).
- Chronograph/Stopwatch function. Flyback complication allows for instant restarting of the chronograph with a single push of the button instead of the need to stop, reset and restart the stop-watch. Large red central 30 seconds counter hand – makes a full revolution every 1/2 minute. Features a large brushed steel with red diamond tip central minute counter hand – marks the minutes in 1/2 minute increments. This hand is located directly below the seconds hand counter.
- 24 hour sub-dial to differentiate between AM & PM located at the 3 o’clock position.
- GMT/2nd Time Zone sub-dial located at the 6 o’clock position.
- Continuous running 30 seconds small seconds hand located at the 9 o’clock position.
- Date window located at the bottom of the 6 o’clock sub-dial
- Solid case back with a small porthole directly opposite the escapement allowing the viewer a peak at the mesmerizing effect of the racing escapement.
- Breguet Caliber 589 F, High Frequency Escapement 10.0 Hz = 72,000 vph, contains 28 Jewels.
- Approximate power reserve of 45 hours.